When it comes to asphalt work, choosing the right contractor is essential. Asphalt contractors provide various services – from paving driveways and parking lots to building tennis courts in your community and repairing roads. You want a qualified, reliable, trustworthy, and affordable asphalt contractor for these important projects.
So, how do you choose the right one?
Let’s look at six things to consider when choosing an asphalt paving contractor:
1. Are they licensed and insured?
Make sure the asphalt paving company you choose is licensed in your state. They should also have liability and workers’ compensation insurance.
2. How long have they been in business?
Hiring an experienced contractor ensures they have the knowledge and experience to get the job done right the first time. Look for a company that has been in business for many years and has completed projects similar to yours.
3. Can they provide customer reviews and testimonials?
Ask the contractor for personal references from past customers. Then get their opinion of the contractor’s work. It’s always best to choose a company based on its solid reputation.
You can also check out a company’s online reviews and testimonials on social media sites like Facebook and Instagram.
4. Do they provide free estimates?
Before choosing a contractor, get at least three estimates from qualified local asphalt companies. Don’t automatically pick the one with the lowest bid – ensure you understand exactly what’s included in the price.
5. Is a written contract included?
Always get a written contract that outlines every aspect of the job. Make sure the contract includes start and completion dates, the total cost, warranty information, etc.
6. Do they offer warranties?
Reputable companies will always offer warranties on their work. If something unexpected happens after the paving job is completed, you’ll have peace of mind knowing you’re protected.
Beware of contractors who:
- Solicit business by going door to door. A reputable contractor will not just appear at your door looking for work.
- Offer a deal that sounds too good to be true. A low price often indicates that the contractor is cutting corners.
- Require full payment upfront. A good rule is never to pay more than 30% of the total cost upfront.
At Premium Asphalt Paving & Sealcoating, we are committed to excellence!
Are you looking for a qualified, reliable contractor for your next asphalt paving or repair project? Look no further than Premium Asphalt Paving & Sealcoating! We have the experience, expertise, and equipment to handle any residential or commercial paving project – no matter how big or small. Contact us for a free estimate or to learn more about our services.
Read More: The Premium Asphalt Difference